I tried various ways to sew the flexinol into some fabric to get an idea of how I will sew it into the night gown. I used a light fabric that would be similar to the night gown that will be activated by sound.
I tried 3 different ways of sewing the flexinol to the fabric. The first way was placing the flexinol in a wave pattern on the fabric, then sewing over zig-zagging the thread over the wire.
This also didn’t do much. Then I realized I had used all the juice in my battery so this could be the reason. The final attempt I used a tighter wave form and used a looser stitch into the fabric. This seemed to work the best. The following images shows the before and after. The video shows better footage.